Atwood Property Management is a local leader professionally managing more than 100 unique residential rental housing communities around Greater Mankato and Southern Minnesota. Serving the area since 1934, our team of professionals are committed to providing personalized and comprehensive service to our investors, owners and residents.
The Maintenance Manager will supervise maintenance staff and oversee all properties in the portfolio. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for overseeing the physical assets, general maintenance repairs, apartment make-readies, preventive maintenance and construction or renovation projects for portfolio. Responsible for maintaining inventory of supplies, maintenance budget and spending limit monitoring.
Supervises: maintenance staff, which may include grounds-keeper(s), housekeeper(s), caretaker(s) and maintenance technician(s).
- Managing all maintenance-related and capital improvement activities within the portfolio.
- Initiating maintenance projects and assign maintenance lead to oversee.
- Turnovers, general maintenance, repairs, maintaining systems, grounds upkeep, pool upkeep, and overall upkeep of properties.
- Assisting leadership team in carrying out the implementation of various policies, standards, procedures and programs relating to the overall maintenance and upkeep of the properties.
- Handling a variety of facility maintenance requirements.
- Works with Regional Manager to meet and exceed the needs of the facility.
- Develop scopes of work for small improvements/services and seek out qualified contractors to bid the work.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with vendors, negotiating pricing, collaborating on approved vendor list, keeping vendor list updated and publishing the list for the properties.
- General supervision and support for the service maintenance staff.
DUTIES OF EMPLOYEE (INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Supervise and schedule maintenance activities for properties and maintenance staff.
- walking apartments, move-in/move-out reports, etc. Work with maintenance leads to determine weekly apartment make-ready and service request schedules and report apartments that are move-in ready to the Regional Manager.
- Complete maintenance employee schedules and assignments.
- Communicate assignments and major tasks to employees. Make sure they have all the instructions necessary to complete assignment properly.
- Periodically check the work progress of each maintenance employee. Provide immediate assistance and instruction as needed.
- Provide input to leadership regarding employee performance evaluations, employee compliments from residents, corrective counseling needs, etc.
- Coordinate, schedule and respond to resident/management requests and service request for occupied apartments.
- Use service requests and schedules to establish priorities. Determine requests or emergencies that should be top priority. Assign service requests equally to technician(s). Monitor the completion of service requests in order to limit callbacks.
- Work with technicians/vendors to determine repair/replace for appliances, plumbing systems, air conditioning/heating/electrical systems, etc.
- Repair/replace any apartment material/maintenance requests within scope of management responsibility.
- Monitor the number of times a specific repair must be repeated. Determine course of action.
- Coordinate, schedule and prepare vacant apartments for move-in.
- Walk all vacancies to determine make-ready needs. Coordinate effort to make schedule and assignments. If major appliances or carpets need replacing, discuss with leadership team before taking action.
- Ensure all repairs/replacements necessary for apartment to be occupied are completed.
- Ensure all trash from apartments are cleaned out before, during and after make-ready activity while ensuring compliance with abandoned propertly law.
- Coordinate and schedule appropriate safety and skills training for maintenance employees.
- Assess training needs of employees and provide input for training programs.
- Provide one-on-one training to employees that may need to polish current skills or wish to learn new skills. Prepare, train and encourage all levels of maintenance staff for the opportunity to be promoted.
- Provide initial safety and safety equipment training for all new employees.
- Identify and correct hazardous community conditions.
- Tour properties to look for needed maintenance and liability hazards and report to leadership team. Repair hazards or assign completion of these tasks to the maintenance technicians. Also secure storage/pool areas, check timers and listen for electrical shorts and malfunctioning motors.
- Periodically complete written property safety audits.
- Coordinate, schedule, and perform preventive maintenance on equipment and apartments.
- Coordinate and schedule seasonal vendors (lawn care, snow removal, etc)
- Ordering supplies and managing maintenance budget.
- Using input from maintenance staff, determine supplies and equipment. Must get approval from leadership team prior to placing orders for major expenditures and unbudgeted items.
- Provide input to leadership team in determining needs for next fiscal year budget.
- Attendance is an essential job function.
OTHER ASPECTS OF JOB:
- May be requested to assist in other areas of community including office support, etc. depending on needs.
- Assist with hazardous weather problems, fires, floods, freezes, etc.
- Responsible for overall organization and cleanliness of work areas and maintenance shops.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted, or modified at any time by your management team. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the supervision of the maintenance program and its staff. Experience is needed in building and maintenance systems, preventative maintenance programs, scheduling of onsite capital improvement projects, inventory management, working with contractors and vendors, writing specifications, reading and comparing proposals, writing progress reports for owners, and making presentations. This is a hands-on position so candidates must have experience with plumbing, electrical, and carpentry. The candidate must also possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and have strong customer service skills. Ability to participate in emergency call and snow removal a must.
The successful individual will have a strong desire to be part of a true, diverse team and to work in an environment that fosters learning and professional development through interaction with other property management professionals in a stable and growing company. The successful candidate will have had a positive experience of working as part of a team of professionals.
Atwood Property Management offers our employees a competitive salary and benefits package, paid time off, paid company holidays and paid vacation, recruitment bonus benefits and qualified tuition reimbursements.
The Atwood Property Management team must embrace the core principles and values of our company:
- Creativity/New Ideas
- Respect for Other
- Professionalism/Customer Service
Atwood Property Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org